The River Thames

The River Thames

Sponsor me!

Please use the link below to sponsor me at my justgiving page - or go to http://www.justgiving.co.uk/walkforwilliam

Support me on JustGiving

Wednesday 22 August 2007

Wednesday 22nd August, 2007


Following my meeting with Diane last night, it looks as if everything is ready for the walk. The logistics have been sorted, any necessary equipment is in place and the Thames Path is not flooded anywhere! The path at Goring will remain closed during my trip but a diversion is in place. The path by Windsor Castle is also closed for security reasons but I should be able to negotiate the bank on the opposite side.

Michael O'Neill has fitted my walking shoes with custom-made insoles which should cushion the heel and avoid any further damage to my right foot, in particular. Today I shall be doing one of my last training walks before the start on Saturday. I am going to keep it to about six or seven miles which will keep my muscles toned up. I will be doing a shorter walk tomorrow of about five miles and then rest up until the weekend.

All is now ready for Saturday. The rain which has been plaguing us over the last couple of weeks or so looks like easing up for at least Saturday and Sunday. That is good news as the first couple of days I will be walking mainly cross-country, following the river, and the ground can get quit muddy and difficult following heavy rain.

When I start the walk I hope to be posting updates regularly. Keep watching this space.

No comments: