The River Thames

The River Thames

Sponsor me!

Please use the link below to sponsor me at my justgiving page - or go to http://www.justgiving.co.uk/walkforwilliam

Support me on JustGiving

Monday 20 August 2007

Monday 20th August 2007

Yesterday I went to have a look at the state of the path at the source of the river, just to make sure it is walkable. It appears to be in reasonable condition so unfortunately I have no excuses for not starting there on Saturday. My Inns and hotels for the first four nights have now been booked albeit that I have had to change two of them which are still undergoing repairs due to flood damage. My good friend, Diane Ball, has become my (unpaid) "Chief of Staff" and is meeting with me tomorrow for a final logistics briefing. I guess tomorrow I will have reached the point of no return. I very much hope I will be up to the challenge!

The few people who are joining me at the start will assemble at the Thames Head Inn on the A433 near Cirencester at around 9.00a.m. This pub is only about 15 minutes walk from the source of the Thames. Unfortunately all their rooms are now taken but there is plenty of accommodation nearby. If anyone would like to join in please contact me on 07789502530.

I guess tomorrow is the crunch day for pulling out. I hope I shall be able to resist doing so!

No comments: