The River Thames

The River Thames

Sponsor me!

Please use the link below to sponsor me at my justgiving page - or go to http://www.justgiving.co.uk/walkforwilliam

Support me on JustGiving

Monday 20 August 2007

Monday 20th August - Visit to Gibraltar






Walking in Gibraltar in 30 degrees heat is no piece of cake. I'm glad to be back in the UK even if it's back to rain and more rain! My thanks to all those that have expressed support and who have pledged funds. My particular thanks to the Commissioner of Police, Louis Wink, for authorising fundraising by the Gibraltar Police. Henry Sacramento, The Police Welfare Officer who is also a good friend, organised a collection which has now topped £1400 and is still rising.
My thanks also to the Press; Alice Mascarenhas of the Gibraltar Chronicle for a marvellous article, Charlie Bossano and Elena Scialtiel of Insight Magazine for holding the presses to include a reference to my walk and to Michael Beltran of Gibraltar Broadcasting Corporation for interviewing me for GBC Radio........and to my many friends in Gib. who I know will be spreading the word!

For those in Gib. wishing to make a donation, please make your cheques payable to R.I.C.C. (Research into Childhood Cancer) and send to RICC, 325 Main Street. Payment can also be made at NatWest Bank, Line Wall Road, Gibraltar a/c RICC No. 36256595

No comments: