The River Thames

The River Thames

Sponsor me!

Please use the link below to sponsor me at my justgiving page - or go to http://www.justgiving.co.uk/walkforwilliam

Support me on JustGiving

Sunday 2 September 2007

THE WALK - DAY 9 - 02/09/07



















Dear William,

As my feet are killing me today I decided to do a slightly shorter walk of around 12 miles. We started at Boveney Lock near Eton and finished in Laleham about a mile and a half short of Chertsey Bridge.



Tomorrow I should be going on the tow path by Weybridge, where we live, so it is going to be an interesting experience. I have now walked around 160 miles with another 50 or so miles to go. I never thought I would get this far but I have so many people supporting me that it has been relatively easy to carry on day after day.



This morning I was joined by Billy and Edward who walked with me up to Runnymede where we stopped for lunch. The whole route from Eton onwards is very beautiful and we took time to admire the many fantastic properties along the river. Ana Maria joined us after lunch and walked with us to Laleham. She insisted on carrying my rucksack so that my feet would have less weight to carry! Isn't love great! Greta was in charge of transport and came up with half a melon and a bottle of wine at the end! Marie Falquero brought Edward and made sure our lunchtime refreshments arrived on time. I guess I am blessed with having so many good friends.

Edward has promised to come back and walk with me on the last day, and I look forward to that. Billy and Pauline have to return to Gibraltar soon and may be unable to join me again before I finish. Ana Maria will also be walking with me on Friday , the last day, as will James.



Today I also got some photos of the Walk for William in Gibraltar where your two daughters walked with a few of your friends in your memory. I am delighted that all your children have now honoured you in this way.



Tomorrow I will be starting from Laleham at around 9.00 a.m. and should be crossing the river on the Shepperton Ferry to the Weybridge side some time around 10.00a.m. A couple of people are joining me there to walk part of the way with me. A reminder that anyone wanting to do so can phone me on 07789502530 for further info.

Only 5 more days to go!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well uncle, it was an absolute pleasure for Pauline and I to take part in your walk, if only for a couple of days. The experience has been unforgettable to say the least. Dad will be so proud of you, as we are. Pauline finished her radiotherapy treatment today so that's another plus for her and the family! Keep it up and remember 'big brother is watching!'